Sunday, April 10, 2011

Book # 25

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
440 pages

Popular Fiction

"They caught Number One in Malaysia.

Number Two in England.

And Number Three in Kenya.

They killed them all.


I am Number Four.


I am next."

I just loved this part of the book so I had to quote it, it just adds so much suspense before you even start the book that it makes you want to read it more. I also really like that there is a disclaimer in the begining saying that everything is true, names have been changed to protect the rest still in hiding etc. And Pittacus Lore is one of the council type ruler dudes of Lorien so all of this combined makes the story suspenseful and really real. The one thing that I didn't like about the book was that I could see things coming long before the book explained them, just simple things but I though it just needed to be a bit more difficult to figure out. My favorite part of the book besides the realness to it was the mix of current events and history of their home planet Lorien. It was a good ratio and I enjoyed learning about this fictitious planet. I haven't seen the movie yet but people are saying it's good, great, fantastic, but there are also the people who say it was missing important things from the book, I hated it. So I am going to wait until it comes to readbox and just find out for myself because people are confusing. Another thing that is confusing is Number Fours age. I tried to do the math and came up with sixteen but it implies that he is fifteen and now I am just saying he is a teenager. If anyone could clarify any of this that would be a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment