Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book #31

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
293 pages
Popular Fiction
Sixteen year old Dru Anderson has no illusions about what lives in the Real World: zombies, werewulfen, nosferat, and poltergeists. Her and her hunter father have been hunting these creatures down since Dru was about 11 or 12. But when her father, her only family, shows up after days missing as a zombie hungry for Dru's death, she knows that someone is out to get her. So she searches deeper into who killed her mother and who is now after her. She soon joins up with Goth orphan Graves who is quickly bitten by a werewulf and turned into loup-garou (half-werewulfen)who pledges to stand by her side no matter what, can you say love interest?! Dru is later able to get some answers from mysterious and sexy Christophe, LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT! Who just happens to be a djamphir (half-vampire vampire hunter). Being followed by evil werewulfen and blood hungry suckers is hard enough but will Dru be able to handle her personal life as well?
I really liked this book and can't wait to read the next in the series, Betrayals, it took over my life. The characters curse a lot in this book so if that offends you then I would not recommend it, but I have found a lot of vocab words in this series so if you need a grade boost then pick this book up at the library now!! And for a limited time only we will give you the second book for free! I'm sorry I know that was corny but I couldn't restrain myself. I would rank these books up there with the Hunger games series and IMPOSSIBLE (Book #30). The action gets slow at some places but the action parts are fast and furious and totally amazing!! There are a lot of foreign words in this book that are not subtitled for you. I'm not even sure what language it is but I think it's either French, Latin, or German. If you read it and find out definitely tell me because I want to know what Christophe is saying to Dru!!

No comments:

Post a Comment