Friday, February 25, 2011

ABBAmania!!!

I love the movie "Mamma Mia" and I love ABBA so when my mom found out that the Embassy was having a show with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic as a tribute to ABBA. They played almost all of the songs from the movie and some others that I didn't know. The actual ABBA was not there but actors/singers who played them and sang there songs. I guess it could be described as a singing tribute play. The singers looked and sounded a lot like the actual ABBA. The boys, Bjorn and Benny, even played the instruments. Later I thought about it and wondered if any of the original ABBA was alive. Benny and Bjorn collaborated on the movie "Mamma Mia" so I know they are alive but I thought that if the girls were alive that they would have collaborated with the movie too. So either the girls are dead or have fallen of the radar and do not wish to be back on it.
I don't know if any of you like ABBA but I think they are awesome, their songs are fun and summery. My favorites are "Honey Honey" and "I Have a Dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment