Saturday, March 12, 2011

Book #14 Cont.

The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees
90 more pages in
Popular Fiction
So im not sure if I like this book as much as her others. It seems to be more of a background and less of a story line, though I will have to read it a second time to fully understand it. But it looks great. I am one of those people who obsess about how a book looks. This one, for example, is perfect to me. It is small, about 7.5" by 5 " and its about an inch thick. The pages have that new book smell and the paper is nice and thick. The cover feels almost like parchment but the underside is smooth like the part you lick of and envelope. The cover art has a bunch of desins that look french and than a girl on it with the golden colored lettering on the right. I don't know why I make such a big deal about it but I do and I really like arranging them on my book shelves according to size, author, or content. Yes, I admit it, I'm a book freak.
Feste and Violetta know that they have to get the relic back to their country but they just have to figure out how. Right where I left off they had gotten help from Shakespeare and her cousin and they were going to travel by disguise of a actors caravan to find the thief. Her cousin/boyfriend caught up with them at this one town and it was weird to say the least. Feste thinks that Stephano is their enemy. On the day he visited the caravan it was May Day and him and Violetta went to pick flowers in the morning.
I just can't get over the fact that she's dating her cousin, it's so weird. I mean, I know it used to happen, but I have never read a book were the author acctually uses that scenario. Usually there is no cousin in the first place so the subject never comes up. I just don't know if I can finnish this book because that couple is just too bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment