Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Picture Book Timeline


http://www.picturingbooks.com/picture-book-timeline.html
This website has a time line of all these children picture books and when they were published. I had no idea that some of my favorite books are so old! The oldest book on there that I have is the Wizard of Oz published in 1900. The next oldest is the Tale of Peter Rabbit published in 1902, this was one of my favorites. The Velveteen Rabbit was on there too, published in 1922, it was my favorite book of all time until I discovered the book Emma Bean. Of all the books featured on the time line I think that Were the Wild Things Are or Frog and Toad Are Friends have the best illustrations. Many of the newer books I have never heard of, the books that were my favorites were my Nana's when she was little or my Papa's. Some of my newer ones belonged to my parents but I don't have that many new ones. And yes I still have my picture books and still read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment